NABAâ€™s Career Services & Industry Relations Office can provide you with support and guidance during your transition from the academy to the professional world. Our staff can help you develop self-promotion tools and assist you during your first steps into the world of work.
The Office develops relationships with companies in order to set up internship agreements, employment opportunities, and interactive projects between students and businesses.
NABA has enabled agreements for placements with well-known associations and companies such as: Art for the World Europa, Fondazione La Triennale di Milano, Fondazione Museion â€“ Museo dâ€™Arte Moderna e Contemporanea Bolzano, The Swatch Group, Giorgio Armani, Pininfarina Extra, Provincia di Milano, Armando Testa, Publicis, Upim, Arnoldo Mondadori Editore, Editrice Abitare Segesta, McCann Erikson, Lorenzo Riva, Saatchi & Saatchi, Trussardi, Velvet, Gruppo Editoriale Lâ€™Espresso, Il Sole 24 ORE, Valentino Fashion Group, Missoni, Gianni Versace, E. C. (Costume National), Fabrica Art & Media, Next Media Lab, Festival Internazionale del Film Locarno, Studio Azzurro, Mediaset, Teatro Stabile di Genova, Fondazione Ente Autonomo Piccolo Teatro di Milano.
PREPARING FOR YOUR JOB
TalentHarbour is a project designed to help NABA students prepare for their careers. It can help you with:
Personal branding and reputation: Strategy and application
This service helps you build self-promotion tools: draft rĂ©sumĂ©s and cover letters, create professional portfolios, manage social network profiles, prepare for interviews, and network.
Becoming a professional: Tips straight from the job market
Throughout the year, the Office organizes events and meetings with professionals, industry experts, lawyers, and corporate and institutional representatives to give students valuable advice about various aspects of the professional world.
Face-to-face with the company: Simulation of recruiting, assessment, portfolio revision, and on-campus selection
A chance to practice your skills through simulated interviews and recruiting sessions (that is, roleplays) to prepare you for the real thing.
INTERNSHIP AND JOB OPPORTUNITIES
After graduation, NABAâ€™s Career Services & Industry Relations Office continues to support our alumni by promoting internship and job offers, and by supporting projects between alumni and companies.
To that end, the Office has launched Darwinsquare, an online platform dedicated to the professional advancement of NABA students, alumni, and faculty. Through this virtual â€śsquare,â€ť students and alumni can share their CVs and portfolios, and companies can advertise internships and jobs and select the profiles that best fit their requirements.
What Darwinsquare does:
- Collect student requests and match them with relevant job opportunities
- Organize the studentâ€™s first contact with companies
- Help students prepare for job interviews
- Provide advice about the bureaucratic process of activating an internship
- Collect documents to be sent to the company
- Provide support during the internship period
- Final review with the student at the end of the internship
As a NABA student or alumnus, you can join Darwinsquare for free and:
- Publish your rĂ©sumĂ© and portfolio
- Take part (individually or in a group) in contests launched by companies
- Launch creative projects involving classmates and other Darwinsquare members
- Connect with companies offering internships or jobs: You find them; they find you
NABA conducted a periodical, complete and certified Job Placement survey on all post-graduate thematic areas of their alumni one year from graduation. Starting from 2017, NABA has collaborated with Ipsos Observer, a certified and independent body, which guarantees the truthfulness of the data. Our last survey was conducted between February and May 2017, and the sample refers to the graduates of 2015.
Take a look at our detailed results here
NABA aspires to keep our relationships with former students alive and strong. For this reason, NABAâ€™s Alumni Association was established in 2012. The Association aims to create a community of alumni and provide a space for discussion and exchange, so that our alumni can enhance their professional development and maintain their connection with the school.
Stay in touch with us so you can find out about opportunities and events, remain in contact with your former classmates, meet and get to know more professionals in your field, and launch new collaborative projects.
This dedicated Facebook group includes discussions, news, and alerts relating to the academy. Itâ€™s a space where alumni are free to converse with each other and share resources..
LinkedIn is a social networking platform designed to facilitate professional connections. NABAâ€™s LinkedIn Alumni group is a great way to maintain contact with your classmatesâ€”and make new connections.
Several special discounts are also offered to NABA graduates, including:
- Discounts on legal advice relating to intellectual property, launching startups, e-commerce, privacy issues, and commercial agreements
- Discounts on books published by Lupetti
- Discounts on books published by Ulrico Hoepli
- Discounts on InfoClip.it for online magazines: Vogue Italia, Cineforum, Ottagono, Arte Dossier, Casabella, Flash Art)
Soft skills assessment
How do you stand out in a crowded job market? By showing employers not only that you were a good student, but that youâ€™ll be a great addition to their team.
What employers demand, according to a survey of more than 5,000 of them around the world, are employees who excel at:
- Analyzing and Solving Problems
- Working Well With Others
- Achieving Objectives
- Learning and Self Development
- Adapting to Change
- Cultivating a Strategic and Entrepreneurial Mindset
- Applying a Global Mindset
- Generating ideas and innovating
- Upholding Ethical Standards and Demonstrating Social Responsibility
LPA (Laureate Professional Assessment) is a free online tool developed by leading talent management company CEB which can show you how well you score on these workplace competencies. This will allow you to:
- Get practical advice for improving
- Choose electives and activities
- Show potential employers that you have the skills they need
The LPA is available only in the Laureate International Universities network, giving you a competitive advantage.
Download the PRESENTATION